Behaviour Interventionist – ABA
Posted 1 year ago
BIs teach young children with autism how to play and communicate, learn school readiness skills, and develop self-help skills like teeth brushing and dressing. BIs are an important part of a child’s team and they work with other professionals like behaviour consultants, speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists.
BI Job Requirements:
- Loves children and enjoys playing with them
- Can work independently and as a member of a team
- Has strong organization and time management skills
- Is flexible and open to learning
- Can work with children with challenging behaviours
- Is physically fit to work with young children
- Has a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Has a current Child Safe First Aid Certificate (or be willing to update)
- Can pass a Criminal Records Check
BI Job Responsibilities:
- Works with children one to one in the child’s home or at a Reach centre
- Teaches children by following a program plan developed by the child’s team
- Records and tracks children’s progress
- Creates teaching materials utilizing Reach resources
- Participates and contributes to team meetings
- Participates in ongoing ABA training
Perks of being part of the REACH Team:
- REACH is a nonprofit organization that provides services for children with special needs and their families.
- REACH is a well-respected organization with a long history in the community
- Working for REACH provides valuable experience for pursuing careers in psychology, special education, early childhood education, speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, physio-therapy, behavior consultations.
- You have opportunities for excellent training and professional development
Please apply by sending your C.V. or resume to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you.