Volunteer At Reach Child Development Society
Volunteers at Reach have been helping children reach their potential for over 50 years. The organization started in 1956 with parents volunteering their time and skills to start a small school in the community of Ladner for 10 children with special needs. Now we have grown to serve close 1,000 children each year with approximately 100 staff and a host of volunteers.
Reach volunteers come from all walks of life:
From young adults looking to gain new skills, busy executives who are passionate about making a difference, parents of children in Reach programs wanting to give back, to retired professionals offering their valuable skills to a worthy cause.
Currently, we are only accepting applications from persons age 16+.
We appreciate your interest. Please see the opportunities listed below:
FINDS Reach's Children's Thrift Store:
FINDS Reach’s Children’s Thrift Store is a volunteer-run social enterprise with proceeds going to support Reach’s early years and special needs programs.
Currently FINDS Thrift Store requires several volunteers.
Shifts 10-2 Wednesday & Friday
Volunteers will assist with all duties related to the successful operation of the store. We request a commitment of one day per week for at least one four hour shift starting February 2014. Some positions require a car. Examples of volunteer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting and pricing·
- Opening and closing the store
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (604) 946-6223
We thank everyone for their interest but will only contact candidate selected for an interview.
Finance Committee Volunteer
Reach Child and Youth Development Society is seeking a skilled and dedicated volunteer for our Finance Committee. You will provide advice and support in making recommendations related to the finances for Reach Child and Youth Development Society and help implement strategies for success. Qualifications:
- Willingness to familiarize oneself with Reach’s organization, its program, and its financials.
- Good communicator.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good understanding of finance, economics, and math; formal education in these areas is an asset.
- Willing to express opinions and discuss matters for the benefit of Reach Society.
- Professional experience in making and instituting critical financial decisions is an asset.
- Familiarity with financial regulatory guidelines and industry practices.
- Motivated, energetic and organized.
- A dedicated individual who is committed towards a great cause.
Time Commitment: Approximately 3 hours per month. Finance committee meets monthly on Fridays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am at Reach Child and Youth Development Society at #3 3800 72nd street in Ladner. Location not on bus route. Applicants must have a vehicle.
Apply To Volunteer At Reach Development Society
If you are interested in making a difference in your community, please contact us. We would love to have you join our team.